Friday, January 7, 2011

Psalm 8

PSALM 8

"God's Glory and Human Dominion"

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him . . . "  ~ Psalm 8:3-4


I love the moon!  Each time I see a glorious full moon rise, especially if it is reflecting the rays of the sun and is brilliantly orange, I am in such awe of the God of creation - and I am reminded of this verse in Psalm 8.  I feel so small, and praise God for how He reveals Himself through "the work of His fingers." 


WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • How majestic is the Lord!
  • God is the creator of the universe
  • God has crowned man with glory and honor, to have dominion over the work of God's hands
 HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise the Lord's excellent name!
  • I praise the Lord's glory about the heavens!
  • I praise the Lord that I enjoy His handiwork, when I consider the Heavens and the work of His fingers
  • I praise the Lord that He is mindful of man and visited me. 
PRAYER:
     Father, I admit that I wonder "what is man, that You are mindful of him?"  I often ponder why You are so long-suffering with us.  You have given us honor which we are so unworthy of receiving - why You include us in Your work is so amazing to ponder!  May I rise to my calling, O Lord, and do my part to further Your kingdom.
     Father, I praise You for the works of Your creation.  It's incredibly beautiful, O Lord!  The marvelous details and colors, the sky, clouds, grass, mountains, rain & snow, the beautiful harvest moon.  To watch an eclipse.  The inner workings of the human body - wow! Father, Your creation is indeed amazing.   Your creation is such a tribute to You, and I praise You for it.  In Jesus' name ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment