Saturday, January 29, 2011

Psalm 30

PSALM 30

"Praise for Dramatic Deliverance"

"Lifted me up" translates the Hebrew word used to describe pulling a bucket from a well.  It is typical of all that the psalms say of the DELIVERANCE OF THE LORD.
WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God lifts me up - delivers me!
  • God is my healer
  • God's anger is but a moment, but His favor extends for lifetime
  • God makes my mountain stand strong
  • God is merciful
  • God is my helper
  • God turns my mourning into dancing

King David dancing before the Lord - II Sam. 6:16

HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • There is so much for which to praise God - this entire Psalm contains praise for Him.  I praise Him that He turns my mourning into dancing . . . that weeping doesn't last forever.  I praise God for the joy He brings. 
  • I praise God that He lifts me up, and He holds me there!  It is on His strength that I can rely forever!
  PRAYER:
     Father, I praise You that You lift me up, that my deliverance is from You.  Thank You, O Lord, for the sweetness of Yourself.  You are so many things that I don't understand in Your mysteriousness, but You reveal so much of Yourself to Your children, and You are altogether lovely.  Would you grant to me great understanding of the things You have revealed about Yourself through Your word - I long to know You with the intimacy with which David expresses in his Psalms.
     Thank You for Your mercy.  Thank You that You are my helper.  Thank You that You turn my mourning into dancing in Your perfect time.  Somehow, that is Your promise, even though I admit that I don't see it clearly.  I bless You for that promise and pray that You would bring a time of dancing.
  Thank You that You are EL ROI - the "God who sees" - peer into my heart and reveal my sin.  Cleanse me from all unrighteousness and lead me in the way everlasting.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!
     In Jesus' name I pray ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment