Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Psalm 19

PSALM 19

"The Works and Words of God"

Psalm 19:1 is one of my favorite verses: 
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.
Isn't this SO true!!  Don't you see it every time you look up at the endless stars in the huge sky, when the seasons start to change, when you see a glorious sunset or rolling thunderstorm?  I actually took all of the photos in this post . . . beautiful scenes of nature where God's glory and handiwork are evident and glorious!

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • His law is perfect
  • His testimony is sure
  • His statutes are right
  • His commandments are pure and enlightening
  • The fear of the Lord is forever
  • His jugments are true and righteous
  • God declares His glory to the end of the world through His creation
  • The Lord sees my heart and can cleanse me from secret faults
  • The Lord can hold me back from presumptuous sins
  • The Lord is my strength and my Redeemer
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise the Lord because He has declared Himself to the ends of the earth - He does not hide Himself from His people.  He is to be found!
  • I praise the Lord for the surety of His testimony, and that it makes the wise simple.
  • I praise the Lord that I can rest in knowing that His statutes are right, and that His commandments are pure and bring enlightening to my eyes.
  • I praise the Lord that He is altogether righteous.
  • I praise the Lord that forgiveness from even secret faults is mine through Him.
  • I praise the Lord that He is my strength and Redeemer!


PRAYER:
     Father, how my heart is full of praise of You!  You know how much I love Your creation; how much I love to see a full moon rising, and to be outside on a hot summer day as well as a crisp fall morning!  Your heavens do indeed declare Your glory!  I praise You for the handiwork of Your creation! 
     Father, I also praise You for Your attributes that are always perfect,
sure, right , pure, clean, eternal, true and righteous altogether.  You are to be desired, and I pray that I will desire You with all my heart.  I pray that You will cleanse me from my secret faults, and that You will protect me from sins.  O, that I would never sin again - yet I know this is impossible until I am justified with you in Heaven.  But most of all, thank You that there is forgiveness for my sins through Your Son, Jesus Christ!  I do not want sin to have dominion over my life!  I have many regrets, O Lord.  You know them all.  Bad choices that I made, even after my salvation, when I had access to Your word and to a "way of escape."  But I loved sin more at times and am deeply sorry for the way I have grieved Your Holy Spirit over my life.  May You find great delight in me, Lord ~ may I become a woman of God who brings honor to You.
     I pray that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart will be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord my strength and my Redeemer!  Thank You that You are those things for me - that I do not ever have to rely on my own strength or ability.  O Father!  You are a gracious and loving God, and I do not deserve Your kindnesses, but crave them and am grateful for them!
     I pray all of these things in Jesus' name ~ Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment