Have you ever heard the saying, “If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans” ? This is what I think of when I read Psalm 2. The first few verses talk about nations conspiring and plotting, and that God – the One enthroned in Heaven – laughs at their plans! I find that thought comforting when I hear of evil rulers in this world . . . our God is on His throne, and HE is in control!
WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD?
- He is the God of the Universe -all the plans the earthly rulers try to make are as nothing before Him
- Jesus' power over the nations will be complete
- God is trustworthy and just
- God's Son will be honored
- Because God is THE God of the Universe, all of the seemingly evil of this earth will not triumph
- God's Son is worthy
- God's blessings are available to me if I trust in the Lord
Father, how often this Psalm brings me comfort when I read the paper, hear the news, and witness the evil on this earth and the wicked acts that take place and the justice that seems thwarted. How I praise You that You ARE the God of the Universe ~ You are the Judge of all the earth. There is no power compared to Your power, and no earthly king shall ever share Your majesty! How safe I feel on this earth, in the midst of wars and rumors of wars, when I consider this truth!
Father, I desire Your blessing ~ I desire it for me and for my family. May we all place our trust in You - You are worthy. May we all serve You with fear and rejoice before You with trembling. I love You, Lord, and praise You that the counsels of the rulers of this world are as nothing against You!
In Jesus' Name I pray ~ Amen