Friday, January 14, 2011

Psalm 15

PSALM 15

Teach me to pray, O Lord, as You taught Your disciples of old; and winnow my prayers that I may desire and ask only those things which are according to Your will.    ~ F.B. Meyer
This psalm provides a description of a life that pleases God.  In my college sorority, we stood and recited this Psalm by memory prior to every chapter meeting.

The Mount of Olives

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God's 'hill' is holy, and only the righteous may enter.
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise the Lord that He is righteous and holy, and that He imparted righteousness to me through Jesus Christ.  Because of that, I can abide in His tabernacle and dwell in His holy hill.  That which God demands - righteousness - He provides!  Bless the Lord!
PRAYER:
     Father, How great Thou art!  How greatly You are to be praised!  O, what a magnificent God who provides all things necessary for His people!  Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light - that which You require, You provide. 
     Thank You, Heavenly Father, for the gift of my salvation and for enlightening me to Your truths.  Thank You that I will abide with You eternally.  I ask that You would bring every member of my family to saving faith in You.  My heart rejoices in You.
     I make this prayer in Jesus' name ~ Amen

"I bless You O Lord because You daily bear my burdens and load me with benefits.  You are the God of my salvation; make my mountain stand strong."  ~ F. B. Meyer




No comments:

Post a Comment