Thursday, January 6, 2011

Psalm 7

PSALM 7 
"Wickedness Justly Rewarded"
Another meditation of David in which he calls for God's just judgment on his own life.  May we all so live, opening our hearts to our own examination and that of the Lord! 

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God's righteousness tests our hearts & minds
  • God is my defense
  • God is a just Judge
  • God is angry with the wicked every day
  • The Lord is righteous
  • God is worthy of my praise
  • The Lord saves the upright in heart
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise the Lord that He is my defense - there is no other on which I could stand. 
  • I praise the Lord that He saves the upright in heart. 
  • I praise the Lord that the wicked will not prevail.  I recognize that I am utterly wicked apart from the righteousness of Jesus Christ.  I praise God that He is a "just" Judge - 'shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?' (Gen. 18:25)
  • I praise the Lord according to HIS righteousness!
PRAYER:
     Father, I do praise You according to Your righteousness - there is no other!  Thank You that You made a way to impute Your righteousness to me through Jesus Christ, Your Son.
     I pray that You will make of me a woman of integrity.  Test my heart and mind, O God, and be my defense.  I desire to be upright in heart and long for, and need, and depend on Your salvation. 
    O Lord, I do place my trust in You.  I pray that You will save me from those who persecute me.  Be my protection - hedge me in, behind and before.
     I make this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, my great High Priest ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment