Sunday, January 23, 2011

Psalm 24

PSALM 24

Psalm of the King of Glory


"The Lord of Hosts" (armies) comes from "Yahweh Sabaoth."  We'll see David refer to God with this title throughout the Psalms, and again in Ps.46:7 with this verse:
"The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our fortress."  ~ Ps. 46:7
The Lord is hosts is a phrase that refers to God's almighty power.  God is the Lord of all earthly and heavenly forces, Israel's invisible Leader fighting for His people. 

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • The Earth is the Lord's
  • God's presence requires clean hands and a pure heart
  • The Lord is strong & mighty in battle
  • The Lord is the King of glory
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • There is so much comfort in knowing that the earth is the Lord's - and all who dwell therein.
  • I bless the Lord that He makes the way for me to be pure, and He makes the way for my salvation.
  • I praise God because He is the King of Glory, the Lord of Hosts!
  • I praise the Lord that He is strong and mighty.  Remember the line in the childhood song Jesus Loves Me - "little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong!"
So simple, yet so profound!

PRAYER:
     Father, may I be one who ascends into the hill of the Lord!  May I stand in Your holy place, clothed in the robe of Christ's righteousness.
     Impart to me clean hands and a pure heart, O God - I desire them, but my heart is desperately wicked and I can't change myself.  Do a beautiful work in me through Your Holy Spirit.  May my family & I receive blessings from Your hand all of our days. 
    Thank You, O Lord that You are Yahweh Sabaoth - You are almighty!  Each day, it seems that the events of the earth are truly spinning out of control.  Thank You for the reminder of this Psalm that the earth indeed belongs to You.  May I turn over to You everything that causes anxiety in my spirit, trusting You as the Lord of hosts.  Increase my faith, O Lord!
     In Jesus' name I pray ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment