"Prayer is our greatest Christian privilege and our greatest Christian failure." ~ Pastor Adrian RodgersHave you ever felt like this? Is a fruitful, faithful prayer life something that eludes you? Do you WANT to be a prayer warrior, but you
- fall asleep
- lose your focus and start making up your grocery list
- feel like your prayers aren't "working?"
- don't really know HOW to pray?
"so is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55:11
The best way seemed to start with the Psalms, which already includes 150 songs & prayers to the Lord . . . so I created a schedule of daily readings, and a simple 3-step process for meditating on each daily Psalm:
- What can I learn about God through this Psalm?
- How can I praise God through this Psalm?
- Pray this Psalm back to the Lord
I found that writing my answers & prayers kept my mind focused - and also gave me something tangible to go back to over time. This Psalm-praying can just as easily be a mental exercise as you are reading the Psalm . . .
So come join me on this prayer journey!
"Prayer is life's greatest privilege, and it's also life's greatest need."