Sunday, May 1, 2011

Psalm 119:17-24

GIMEL

David opens the Gimel stanza with this plea:

Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word. 
 ~ Ps. 119:17
Regarding this verse, Matthew Henry notes;
David prays, Deal bountifully with me, that I may live.  It was God's bounty that gave us life, that give us this life; and the same bounty that gave it continues it, and gives all the supports and comforts of it.  Therefore, we ought to spend our lives in God's service.




In Camelot, Merlin the Magician was the counselor to King Arthur.
Aren't you glad we don't have to turn to magic for our answers!



Your testimonies are also my delight
And my counselors.
~ Ps. 119:24

May we go to God's word first, and not seek counsel from other sources before we have sought the mind of God on the matter!



WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God deals bountifully with His children
  • God's law is wondrous
  • God rebukes the proud and those who stray from His commandments
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise the Lord that He deals bountifully with me!
  • I praise the Lord for the wondrous things in His law
PRAYER:
     O Lord, like David, I pray that You would deal bountifully with me, that I may live and keep Your word.  May Your Holy Spirit open my eyes that I may see the wondrous things from Your law - that You would give me eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to understand.  I pray that I would keep Your testimonies - that they would be a delight and counsel to me, and to those in my family as well.  In Jesus' name I pray ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment