Friday, February 18, 2011

Psalm 50

PSALM 59

"The Lord Shall Judge All the People"

Psalm 50, a psalm of Asaph, is also an instructional psalm.  I love so many of the verses in this Psalm – especially this one:
 Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.  ~ Ps. 50:15

Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God will shine forth.  ~ Ps. 50:2
WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.  ~Ps. 50:12
    God will shine forth!
  • God will judge His people
  • God Himself is Judge
  • God is my God
  • God will deliver me in the day of trouble
  • Every beast of the forest is His . . . and the cattle on a thousand hills
  • The world is the Lord’s and all its fullness
  • God is worthy of my praise and thanks
Whoever offers praise glorifies Me;
And to him who orders his conduct aright
I will show the salvation of God.  ~ Ps. 50:23

Matthew Henry made a great statement regarding verse 23:
Thanksgiving is good, but THANKS-LIVING IS BETTER! 
Man’s chief end is to glorify God, as we are here told that whosoever offers praise glorifies Him, whether he be Jew or Gentile.

Man’s chief end, in conjunction with this, is to enjoy God; and we are told that those who order their conduct aright shall see his salvation. 
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise God with my whole heart that I will be judged righteous through the redemption of Jesus Christ.  Forever I will praise the Lord for this gift, and that I will live with Him for eternity.
PRAYER:
     Lord, I want to order my conduct aright.  I want to offer You "thanks-living."  May I present my body a living sacrifice, holy & acceptable to You.  May I, through Jesus Christ, be holy as You are holy.  I desire to live a life pleasing to You, O Lord.
     I fail at this every day.  My heart is sinful, my motives are selfish, my thoughts are wicked.  Father, the forgiveness through Your Son Jesus Christ is my redemption, and my heart is forever grateful for this unspeakable gift.  I only plead the righteousness of Christ before You.
     By my conduct, may I show the salvation of God. 
     Thank You, Heavenly Father, that I may call upon You in the day of trouble.  Thank You for Your deliverance.  May I trust You more and more each day.
    I love You, Lord, and make this prayer in Jesus’ name ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment