Friday, February 4, 2011

Psalm 36

PSALM 36

"The Excellent Lovingkindness of God"
  
Photo taken by Gloria Statham at Shiloh Military Park, site of the bloody 1862 battle
More that 110,000 soldiers fought at Shiloh and 23,746 of them became casualties
Your mercy O Lord, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.           ~ Ps. 36:5
Isn't that photo above amazing?  Do you see the "angel" figure in the cloud formation?  This photo was taken by a friend of mine from church at the Shiloh Military Park in the "Cloud Field" area.  It reminds me of the verse above that we read in today's Psalm 36 - the Lord's faithfulness reaches to the clouds!

Your righteousness is like the great mountains. ~ Ps. 36:6

  • WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God is merciful, faithful & righteous
  • God is our Preserver
  • God is full of lovingkindness
  • God is worthy of our trust
  • God’s fullness is our satisfaction
  • God is the fountain of life
O Lord, Your preserve man and beast.  ~ Ps. 36:6
  • HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise the Lord that He is merciful to me, and faithful to me even when I am so unfaithful to Him. 
  • I praise the Lord for abundant satisfaction in Him
  • I praise the Lord that He is the fountain of life – He is life’s source
  • I praise the Lord that He is the one who preserves me!
 PRAYER:
     Father, how I pray that You will continue Your lovingkindness to me.  Let not the foot of pride come against me – may I never boast of anything apart from You.
     Lord, I want to know You in all Your fullness.  I want to know You in the beauty of Your holiness.
   Thank You for Your mercy.  For Your faithfulness that reaches to the clouds and Your righteousness that is like the great mountains.  O Lord, You are our abundant satisfaction. May my heart turn from the things of this world and seek You and those things that are other-worldly.  Thank You, Father, for the security that You are our Preserver.  There is none like You.
     My mind is so small – stretch my thoughts around You.  I ask in Jesus’ name  ~ Amen
    

No comments:

Post a Comment