Seek After the Lord
Have you ever been REALLY thirsty? Truly parched, where ALL you can think about is water?? It's agony . . . it feels like every atom of your body is screaming. A refreshing drink of cool water brings sweet relief ! You can hardly take it in fast enough.
This Psalm eloquently expresses the suffering the writer endured away from God and the temple. He likens it to "spiritual" thirst . . . and as readers we can see the writer encouraging himself to trust in God.
|A well-known, beloved verse in this Psalm, with beautiful imagery|
As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God! ~ Psalm 42:1
WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
- God is LIVING - one of my favorite truths of this Psalm. We worship a living God!
- God is my ROCK
- God’s countenance (favor / approval) is my help
- God is kind and loving
- God’s presence is with me at all times
- God is my hope
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
- I praise God that He is the LIVING God!
- I praise God for the help of His countenance
- I bless the Lord for His continual presence with me, and that He is my hope. Even when I don’t “feel” it, the Lord is with me.
Be, O Lord, the God of my life. May I never seek another. May You bring the refreshment of Yourself to my thirsty soul. May I never find satisfaction in the things of this earth, which rust & moth destroy, but may I always find my treasures in Heaven
Father, may You command Your lovingkindness over me in the daytime, and may Your song be with me at night. I praise You, Lord, that You are always with me.
In Jesus’ name I pray ~ Amen