Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Psalm 41

The Blessedness of Helping the Poor

The Book of Psalms is actually divided into 5 books; each book ends with a doxology – a short hymn of praises to God.  Today’s Psalm 41 ends “Book One.” 
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting!
Amen and Amen.

Matthew Henry noted, as evidenced in verse 7, David has suffered a grave illness . . . his enemies hoped for his death, but David found himself, through mercy, recovering.  The goodwill of a God that loves us is sufficient to secure us from the ill-will of all that hate us.  


Sin is the sickness of the soul – pardoning mercy heals it.

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • The Lord loves, delivers, and protects those who help the poor.
  • The Lord “heals” my soul – forgives me of my sin
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting!
  • I praise the Lord because He is my deliverance from my enemies.
PRAYER:
     Father, may You be blessed from everlasting to everlasting!  I pray the words of David to You: 
Lord, be merciful to me; Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You. 
 Thank You that through
    May I consider the poor and less-fortunate, and be less self-consumed.  May I serve You through serving others with a glad & willing heart.
     In Jesus’ name I pray ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment