Sunday, February 13, 2011

Psalm 45

The Psalm of the Great King

Happy Valentine’s Day !

VALENTINE’S DAY
                   ~ Ruth Harms Calkin
This morning I opened Your Book
And read these magnificent words:
“See how very much
Our Heavenly Father loves us
For He allows us
To be called His children –
Think of it – and we really are!
Then I remembered:
Today is February the fourteenth
Valentine’s Day!
What a beautiful love message
From Your heart to mine:
I belong to You.
I really do!

How perfect that we would read this Psalm today, Valentine’s Day, as this psalm describes the crown prince, or the king, marrying a princess.  This psalm is also messianic as it is interpreted in the New Testament – check out verses 6-7 in our Psalms, and then these verses in Hebrews 1:8-9:
But to the Son He says:
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.  ~ Heb. 1:8-9
WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God’s name will be remembered to all generations and the people will praise Him forever.
  • God is truthful, just & righteous
  • God loves righteousness & hates wickedness
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • 
    I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations  ~ Ps. 45:17
    The Messiah is promised an everlasting kingdom!
     I praise God for His truth, justice & righteousness
  • I praise God forever and ever
PRAYER:
Accept my praise, O God, forever and ever!
     May I make Your name to be remembered in all generations – allow me opportunities to share Your name with members of my family, and may You bring each one to saving faith in Jesus Christ.  May our heritage in You be passed down to the generations in our family.
     I make this prayer in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ ~ Amen
      

No comments:

Post a Comment