Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Psalm 33

PSALM 33

"God Considers All Human Works"
By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.  ~Ps. 33:6
When you gaze up in the night sky, are you stirred in your soul with awe & amazement?  Do you recognize your "small-ness" and God's "big-ness?"  Can you truly see the hand of God in His creation?  It's glorious, isn't it!!!  King David sees God's handiwork and recognizes that God spoke the universe into existence as the expression of His divine will.

He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;
He lays up the deep in storehouses.  ~Ps. 33:7

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • The Lord is worthy of all praise!
  • The word of the Lord is right
  • God loves righteousness & truth
  • The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord
  • God's word is mighty
  • The counsel of the nations is as nothing to the Lord
  • The Lord sees
  • The Lord is our help & shield
  • The Lord is our hope
  • The Lord has fashioned our hearts individually.  In Hebrew, this translates as "The One who forms their heart together."  The sense is that because God created human personality, He understands exactly why we do what we do and is able to judge rightly.
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • Praise from the upright is beautiful!  I praise the Lord that His word is right and all His work is done in truth.  What wondrous security!
Hummingbirds are some of my favorites of the Lord's handiwork!
This photo was taken on my patio.
  • The Lord's handiwork in creation is wondrous! 
  • The Lord is worthy of the awe of all the earth!
  • There is no power equal to the Lord - in any nation of the earth.  GOD IS IN CONTROL!
  • I praise God that He fashions our hearts individually
 PRAYER:
     Father, my soul waits on You (but sometimes quite restlessly, I confess!) I rejoice in You and praise You that You are  my help and my shield.  Your holy name is worthy to be trusted, and I pray for Your mercy upon me and my family.
     Father, it is such assurance to know You deliver my soul from death and that You keep me alive in "famine."  I am grateful that even the most powerful & terrifying people & leaders in the world are nothing compared to Your power.  They don't control the universe - YOU DO!  Father, what great assurance to know there is no shadow of turning with You.
     Lord, I love knowing that You fashioned my heart individually, of all the millions of Your creation.  I bless You that I am Your child.  May I live a life pleasing to You, and see Your face one day!
     "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" - O God, may it please You to be the God of the United States.  Please never take Your presence from us.  Guard our country with Your legions of angels.
    My heart rejoices in You, O Lord - in Jesus' name I pray ~ Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment