Sunday, March 27, 2011

Psalm 86

Teach Me Your Way, O Lord

This psalm is entitled "A Prayer of David," probably it was a prayer he often used himself and recommended to others for their use, especially in a day of affliction.  Mark this psalm in your Bibles as one to pray "back to the Lord" often. 

A united heart is one totally committed to God's will.

You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,
Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.  ~ Ps. 86:15
WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:  there are so many attributes of God named in this psalm!
  • God hears me
  • God preserves my life
  • God is merciful
  • God is good
  • God is ready to forgive - may I always be ready to repent!
  • God answers me in the day of trouble
  • There is none like God
  • All nations shall worship before Him
  • God is great
  • God does wondrous things
  • God's way is truth
  • God's mercy is great toward me
  • God is full of compassion, gracious, longsuffering, abundant in mercy & truth
  • God is my helper and comforter
HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • Wow - I praise the Lord for all His wonderful attributes - and that His mercy is great towards me!
  • I praise God that He is my helper & comforter
PRAYER:
     Bow down Your ear, O Lord, and hear me - for I am poor and needy.  I bless You that You are my God.  Be merciful to me, O Lord.  I lift up my soul to You, and bless You that You are good, ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.
     There is none like You, O Lord - for You are great and do wondrous things.  You alone are God.
     Teach me Your way, O Lord - that I will walk in Your truth and unite my heart to fear Your name.  May I live a life of total commitment to You, and seek Your will.
     I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I bless You that I will glorify Your name forevermore  - that my salvation is sure because my sins have been paid for by Your Son Jesus Christ.  How great is Your  mercy towards me - thank You, Father!
     You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. 
     Thank You, O God, that mercy and comfort are found in You.  I bless You that You are my helper.  Thank You for Your servant David, who penned these words, that I may know more of You so many ages later.  May I pray them to You often, and may Your Holy Spirit continue to reveal Yourself to me.  In Jesus' name I pray ~ Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment