Monday, March 7, 2011

Psalm 67


Aaron blessing God's people

God Shall Govern the Earth

This is the blessing the Lord gave to Aaron for which to bless God's people: 

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.  ~ Num. 6:24-26


  
In the opening verses of Psalm 67, do you see that the psalmist has borrowed from the word's of Aaron's blessing?  But in Psalm 67:1-2, the salvation is for all nations, fulling the promise to Abraham:
In you, all the families of the earth shall be blessed.  ~ Gen. 12:3















We then see this verse again in Paul's letter to the Galatians, and all throughout the New Testament:
And the Scriptures, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preachd the gospel to Abraham beforehand saying, 'in you all the nations shall be blessed.' 
~ Ga. 3:8

Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples! 
~  Rom 15:11
Matthew Henry notes that this psalmist was elevated to receive the spirit of prophecy concerning the enlargement of God's kingdom to all nations.  He concludes the psalm with a joyful prospect of all good when God shall do this, when nations shall be converted and brought to praise God.
God shall bless us,
And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him. 
~ Ps: 67:7

WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • God is merciful
  • God blesses His people
  • God is the righteous Judge
  • God will bring salvation to all nations
 HOW CAN I PRAISE GOD THROUGH THIS PSALM:
  • I praise God for His blessings and the surety that is found in Him. 
  • I bless the Lord for the comfort and security that comes from truly knowing Him
  • I praise God that, through His Son Jesus Christ, salvation came to the Gentiles . . . and all the way to me!
PRAYER:
     O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth!  Hear my praise, O God.  Hear my heart's cry of thanksgiving to You for Your countless blessings and the sweetness of Your provision.  Thank You that You brought salvation through Your Son to all the nations . . . and to me!  I pray that You would bring every member of my family to saving faith, that we will praise You here on earth, and then in all eternity together.  In Jesus' name I pray ~ Amen
      

No comments:

Post a Comment