God’s Provision Through Nature
This psalm of David directs us to give to God the glory of His power & goodness. David expresses this in several ways:
- hearing our prayers
- providing atonement for sin
- satisfying the souls of His people
- protecting and supporting them
II. His power & sovereignty as the God of nature
- the fixing of the mountains
- calming the sea
- preserving the succession of the day & night
By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us,
You visit the earth and water it. ~ Ps. 65:9
This is a typical Biblical expression to say that God is present and active in His world.
- I praise the Lord that He is sovereign - there is no "maverick molecule" in all creation that is not under God's authority. There is great comfort in that, especially when circumstances & situations seem out of control.
- I praise God for the beauty of His creation, and for the way it speaks to my heart revealing its Maker.
|The valleys are covered with grain;|
They shout for joy, they also sing. ~Ps. 65:13